Ok, let's be honest. My projects generally fall apart. I can't pick out a definitive reason for this. Perhaps it's because I often rely on others who have their own lives and plenty of things to fill said lives. Perhaps I'm too narrow in my goals. Perhaps I'm too ambitious. Or lazy. I don't know. But I'm giving it another try.
As many of you know, and as many of you can probably relate, I'm not thrilled with the state of the world. American politics are a joke, as are world politics. Most of those in power don't deserve to be there, and those that do know better than to get anywhere near the hell hole that is Washington. We're either gearing up for or are amidst The Crusades: Part 2, depending on how you view it. And of course, you have BP's little oopsie destroying the Gulf ecosystem and causing all kinds of damage we may not know about for years. But I'm not here to get political.
My goal with this blog is to discuss music. In recent conversation, I found someone slightly younger than myself who hadn't even heard of James Taylor. Now, I'm not saying I know all of his music by heart, but the man's a legend. His music's everywhere. Beyond the fact that she hadn't heard about him, though, is the thought that there is an entire generation coming up that's going to be weened on GaGa and the autotuned stylings of T Payne. It's legitimately frightening to me that people can claim with a straight face that these so-called artists have "saved their life" and flood my facebook feed with their mindless lyrics.
I'm not going to be arrogant and claim that my musical tastes should serve as some archetype, but I've grown up in a very musical family, and it's always been a big part of my life. Best case scenario: I'll show you something that you'll really enjoy and you'll expand your musical tastes. Worst case scenario: you haven't even read this far because you got offended when I snubbed your psychotic pop queen in the last paragraph and went to fantasize about Justin Bieber.
Stay tuned. First substantial post coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment